Monday, May 27, 2013

Get the Look: Affordable Summer-Inspired Makeup


Happy Monday!
Summer is almost over here in the Philippines. Rains are actually occurring more and more often and I love it! I wanted to make the most out of the remaining days of summer that's why I'm writing an affordable summer inspired makeup tutorial. Rock this trendy last minute look and seize summer! Read on to know how! :)



1. Prep the skin.
Apply moisturizer of choice. I used the Celeteque Dermoscience Hydration Facial Moisturizer on Aira's skin because she has dry skin.

2. Apply your base.
You might want to opt for a BB cream rather than a regular foundation. BB creams are lighter than foundation and usually sits on the skin better, which is a plus since the weather here in the Philippines may make the foundation move throughout the day. I used the Missha Perfect Cover BB cream in No. 23. It also has SPF which is helpful specially during summer. This BB cream is quite pricey but there are a lot of affordable BB creams sold in the local market.

3. Fill in the brows.
Brows frame the face and I personally think a makeup look isn't complete without a little bit of brow definition. I used a dark matte brown eye shadow to fill in my sister's brows. Then I used the E.L.F Wet Lash and Brow Clear Mascara to keep the hairs in place.


4. Prime the eyes.
If you don't have a primer, you can always use concealer as a base. I've seen a lot of beauty gurus do this trick, and swore it worked just as fine. Applying primer would help the eye shadow pop out. I used the E.L.F All Cover Stick in Spice.


5. Keep the eye shadow natural looking.
Keep it natural because we are going to add a pop of color at the lower lashline later. The attention should just be on the color, so it is best to go natural with the shadows. To achieve this, I used the E.L.F 32 Eye Shadow palette in Everyday. I used a champagne color as a wash on the lid and then defined the crease slightly with matte brown eye shadows.

6. Apply your liner and mascara. Line the lower lash line with a bright color of choice. 
Get your usual liner and mascara done. I winged my sister's eye liner slightly. I used the Heng Fang Liquid Eye liner. This eyeliner is very affordable and stays on for hours! I think I bought it for only P25 and it is worth every centavo! :D 
I used the Avon Super Shock Max mascara, and then lined her bottom lash line using an angled brush (Marrionaud N38 Eyes) and a bright, bold purple from the same palette mentioned above.


7. Apply blush.
Enhance your natural flush by using a peachy pink blush. I used an Avon Blush in Blooming Peach.

8. Apply a bright pink lipstick.
Bright lips are very trendy this season. To achieve that, I used the Excel Paris Matte Lip Cream (503). Some people do not like the texture of this cream because it is too dry, but in my opinion, with a good lip balm, it is tolerable. For the tag price of just P50, I don't think this is bad! :)

Done! :D Thanks Aira for being my vain model! :D 


We had fun taking pictures so here are more shots!



Thank you for reading! :)

Please feel free to comment! I would appreciate that so much!
And I would like it even more if you would follow! :D (In case you do not know, just click "Join this site" [via GFC])
Suggest topics you would like to see. :)

God bless!

I Y A

4 comments:

  1. pretty shots! iya you remind me of ingrid from miss glamorazzi :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I think you are talking about my sister. :D I appreciate your comment! :))

      Delete
  2. Hi..i am new on blogging ..i create a blog before 2 days and I am from Greece ..if you want take alook and be a member thnks http://forqueensbymary.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! Will check you out. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...