Thursday, May 23, 2013

My Top 5 Youtube Makeup Gurus - Beauty Theories

Hello readers!

I love Youtube. I think if I were to choose between Twitter or Youtube, or maybe even Facebook or Youtube, I'd choose Youtube. Haha.
I am obsessed with watching beauty videos a looot. I learn a lot from them, I learn so much about makeup- how to apply stuff, what colors to choose, what particular products work best for something. And! Youtube keeps me updated on the trends. I never thought I'd use Youtube this way, because before I got hooked up by beauty videos, I thought Youtube was just a site where you can watch the viral videos on the news, the celebrity scandals (oops), or just where you can upload you and your friends' silly videos.

Having said written those, I want to share to you my favorite channels to watch, beauty channels in particular. I think this might also help the girls out there who are just starting to watch beauty videos and would like to have channel recommendations. :) And maybe help even the girls who just want more videos on their feeds! :) Just a little disclaimer, this is my personal opinion so my top gurus might definitely not be the same as yours. No hate. <3 Let's get the rank rolling!

*All channels are linked, just click their names. :)

1. Pixiwoo


Photo from: http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/nicola%20chapman

These girls are the best. Pixiwoo is a channel by British sisters, Samantha Chapman, and Nichola Chapman. They are pro makeup artists, and they are just so talented. They film in-depth makeup tutorials. Their videos' length are about 10 minutes on average. They film from start to finish, they would start with no makeup no, unlike other gurus who have their foundation and/or brows done before they film. They mostly do celebrity makeup tutorials, and they sometimes use the exact same products used by the celebrity they are getting makeup inspiration from. These are a couple of my favorite videos from them:

Bella 'Breaking Dawn' Makeup Tutorial (Samantha)


Bond Girl 'Domino' Make up Tutorial (Nic)




2. Michelle Phan

Photo from: this site
I guess we all know her. Michelle is a young, very talented, very inspiring, and very successful girl. She is the makeup millionaire! Haha. I have learned a lot from her, specially the simple things about makeup that we tend to forget. What makes her stand out among the other youtube gurus is the heart that she puts into her work. Every single video would prove that. You would really see how much effort and passion she puts into her craft. She does not upload videos very often but it is very understandable considering the quality of her videos. She posts almost everything and anything about beauty- makeup, nails, skincare, hair and even fashion. Great, great girl.
This is my favorite video of her, I have watched this a million times:

Picture Perfect Day




3. Tanya Burr
Photo from: this site
Gorgeous Tanya is another British makeup Youtube guru. She is also a professional makeup artist. Tanya is very, very talented. Her makeup tutorials are always amazing. Like the pixiwoo sisters, Tanya does her entire makeup on cam, has little cuts, and almost no fast forwards. Her username actually used to be pixi2woo. She is the fiance of Jim Chapman, brother of the pixiwoo sisters. She used to be Sam and Nic''s tutorial model before she decided to create her own Youtube channel. She mostly films celebrity makeup tutorials, but she also uploads hauls, vlogs, and favorite videos. I honestly feel bad to rank her number 3 because I think she is too good to be just number 3, but I have to rank so.. :(
This is my favorite Tanya Burr video:
Audrey Hepburn Breakfast At Tiffany's Makeup Tutorial



4. Ana Victorino

Photo from: https://www.facebook.com/HairandMakeupbyAnaPatricia

Ana Patricia Victorino is a Filipina makeup artist. Among the Filipina YT gurus on Youtube, she is my favorite. She is already very blessed with great talent at makeup at a young age. What makes her stand out is her great videography skills. Its like she was really meant to be a Youtube guru. Check her out so you'd see. :D She is often compared to Michele Phan because of her talent and because of her videos' quality. :)
My favorite Ana V video:

Pretty For Prom Makeup Tutorial




5. Emma Pickles



She's no Katy Perry, she is, Emma Pickles, another British girl ( I don't know why I love Brits a lot) which many consider as the makeup magician. She has a very beautiful face, perfect canvas for her perfect skills. She can transform herself to a lot of other looks. She even made her face look like 2d pop art. She is young, and very down to earth. I think she deserves a lot more views! You can watch her pop art makeup tutorial here:



That's it for my top 5!
These are the gurus I love watching most, they are not necessarily the best in their field. :)
Here are more gurus I recommend:


I hope you found this post helpful!
Please do not hesitate to comment! 
Suggest YT makeup gurus that you love! I would be more than happy to check them out. :D
Please support my blog by following, the buttons are located in the sidebar. :)
Thanks you so much! I really appreciate you. <3
Come back. :)

I Y A


9 comments:

  1. Great list! I like most gurus you featured. I learn a lot from these people as well. Ana V. is my fave local YouTuber! Her latest videos are super ganda, I can't help but replay them over and over again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) I agree. The quality of her videos are great and straight to the point. Thanks for your comment! :)))

      Delete
  2. I like Tanya and Michelle too! I just recently learned about ana victorino and I'm really impressed by her :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She sure is impressive! Thank you for following!! :DD

      Delete
  3. I idolize Michelle Phan a lot. In fact, I am stalking her profile whenever I have the chance! LOL

    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was searching gurus on the internet until then I found this one. This 5 gurus are the most top makeup artist.

    Top makeup artist

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your list of top 5 YT gurus.:) I've watched Tanya's videos many times but this is my first time to know about the Pixiwoo sisters. I'll surely check their vids later. You can also check Carli Bybel's channel for great makeup tutorials and latest fashion. She's gaining a lot of subbies lately.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super-Duper site! I am Loving it!! Will come back again, Im taking your feed also, Thanks https://www.buyyoutubesubscribers.in

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...