Monday, May 20, 2013

My Makeup Story - Beauty Theories

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/7748245/?claim=xsmu8vp7x3d">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>
Happy Monday readers!
I love applying makeup on other people. Actually, I think I like doing it on other people more than on myself.   I feel very happy whenever I see them look prettier, and I feel very overwhelmed when they thank me and say I've done a good job. I am not a pro makeup artist, actually, I have done makeup only on around 20-25 people, but I'd love to do more in the future.

Today I would like to share how all these began. It was May 2012 when my Aunt asked for company to do Yhana, my 7-year old cousin's makeup for Flores De Mayo. If you are not from the Philippines, Flores is a feast celebrated every year in May all over my country. This celebration is most known for sagalas, women (sometimes accompanied by men), who walk the long roads of  their baranggays, all dolled up in a gown and of course, with make up. I was very excited when my Aunt told me this, and I immediately searches make up looks on Youtube. I didn't get the chance to do Yhana's makeup that time. I tried to, but it was just... crappy. Haha.

I continued to watch makeup videos on Youtube. I remember first subscribing on Noe Mae  the famous Filipina Makeup guru. I enjoyed watching her very much and I was very fascinated on the magic of make up.  She mentioned Michelle Phan, the best and cutest make up guru I know, in one of her videos, and that is when I became addicted. :D

My first "client" was my sister. It was December 2012 and it was her prom.




Wacky!! Ü

I remember us praying Ama Namin (Our Father) over and over again so that I won't hurt her brows when 'cause I'll try to shave them! Hahaha. And so that it would look great! I did okay I think! :) This is the very first time I dared to do a makeover on someone. I think I did well but if I were to do this makeup look again, maybe I'd change her foundation, (I think I used the Ever Bilena pro finish Liquid Foundation), put a little bit more blush, put a brighter lip color, and put the lashes closer to her lashline. cx

My sister, Aira, during the night.
Since then, I did her makeup whenever she had to attend to something that need a bit more glam. 
She posted her prom pictures on facebook and since then too, little by little, people have been asking me to do their makeup. I regret that I did not take pictures of all of them. :( 

My next major makeup "gig" was my choirmate/friend, Cathlene's debut. This is where I started to earn! :) ₱.


Really pretty, right? This was taken after the program that's why she's kind of haggard. A lot of people said she looked a lot like Kathryn Bernardo during here debut. :) (Proud MUA. ;>)
This made me gain more clients. I did makeup mostly for my friends' prom nights, or college nights, and these would make me earn bucks. I used most of the money to invest on quality products, to improve skills.

It's Flores de Mayo again and guess what, this time got the chance to do Yhana's makeup! :D 


It is now exactly one year since I started to enter the world of makeup and I feel really happy I did, because it gives me a different kind of joy. Make up actually helped me get through a heartbreak I went through last year. It kept me busy and happy whenever I want to escape the difficulty I was in. 

Youtube videos and of course, blogs helped me a lot to learn about what I know about makeup now. This is the ultimate reason why I wanted to blog. I wanted to bring back the help bloggers gave me by helping out girls out there who are also passionate about makeup like me. I know I am no pro, but I'll try to keep sharing 'til I am!

I hope you enjoyed reading this, and thank you for your patience if you have finished it! :) It was kind of long and boring. Haha.
Please feel free to comment and/or follow! I would appreciate it soooo much. 

Come back soon! 
I Y A 

2 comments:

  1. I like makeup that is barely there and has a natural look.

    Inviting you to join my Oasap international giveaway here http://eljovenlector.blogspot.com/2013/05/raisie-speaks-x-oasap-may-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...