Friday, May 31, 2013

San San Gel Eyeliner Review - Beauty Theories

Hi ladies!
I prefer gel eyeliners than pencil or liquid ones. I find them easier to work with, and generally lasts longer than other liners I have tried. It is also the most versatile, because you can change the thickness of the line you want to create by simply changing brushes.
Being somebody on a college budget, I searched for a gel eyeliner that is affordable, but works.
I found this eyeliner and I want to share what I think about it!


The packaging looks super weird, but very purposeful. There is a detachable brush attached to the cap. The brush is actually very useful, I like using it better than angled brushes for gel liners.
Price: P115.00
Shade: Black
Where to purchase: HBC stores


You can actually reattach the cap upside down to get this. Haha. It works pretty well either way.
San san says (from hbc.com.ph): 
Description: Eye-opening makeup that blends smoothly. Also available in Brown.
Ingredients: Squalane, Kaolin, Ozokerite Wax, Cera alba (Beeswax), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Propyl Paraben, CI 77499
Instructions:
Using an eyeliner brush, put some gel eyeliner and start drawing a line from the inner eye keeping as close to the lash line as possible. Then draw the line right to the end of the eye.






Swatches:


Water and smudge test:




WHAT I LIKE ABOUT IT 
  • Very affordable. The most affordable gel eyeliner I know so far.
  • Very black.
  • Stays on my lids for hours. (I don't have oily lids)
  • Easy to use
WHAT I DO NOT LIKE ABOUT IT
  • Smudges when rubbed
  • Not for oily lids
On my eyes:


Verdict:
4/5
The San san gel eyeliner is a very great find. This is my go to liner when I have to perform because it stays on my lids no matter how much sweat I produce. The only downside to this product is that you have to be very careful not to rub your eyes, or else you'll have something like that of a panda. This is not very easy to remove with just water or facial wash, you have to use makeup remover.

Thank you for reading!
I hope you found this helpful, even though the product has been out in the market for too long.
Let me know what you think about the product, feel free to comment. I would appreciate it a lot. :)


What is your favorite gel eye liner? Will you give this a try?


God bless you!

I Y A

5 comments:

  1. Seems like a nice product Iya! I love gel, cream, and liquid or dip liners :)

    I'd like to invite you to join my ongoing giveaway from a new sponsor. Good luck!


    ★♡ New Fashion Post (^_^) ♡★
    Project Dress Code: Feature #1 Camille Co

    ★♡ Ongoing Giveaway (^_^) ♡★
    Favordeal Accessories Giveaway
    5 Winners! June 5-20, 2013! Join now!!!

    ❤ ~Chai
    http://chenmeicai.blogspot.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ChaiChenPage
    | Bloglovin' | NetworkedBlogs | Google+ |

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the swatches. I’ll definitely try this! :)
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Clinique Philippines

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maganda talaga? Ang mahal nung Maybelline eee

    ReplyDelete
  4. bakit saken ayaw kumapit sa eye lid kc sobrang dry xa..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...